UUAMP Pre-GA Day
Join UUAMP in a day of inspiration, rejuvenation and fun!
We will also have a booth in the exhibit hall that will be staffed by UUAMP members and we will be offering gatherings throughout General Assembly.
Continuing Education Offerings
UUAMP is committed to providing opportunities for our members to grow and develop professionally. Topics of our webinars, book discussions, and in-person gatherings are chosen to help fulfill our mission of equipping professional staff to sustain and nurture the ministry of membership in UU congregations. We encourage all membership professionals in UUAMP to participate in these opportunities to develop professional skills, relationships, and a deeper understanding of their work.
Book Group Discussion on Sticky Church by Larry Osborne
Tuesday, April 30th
12:30-1:30 p.m. Central Time Zone
Please join us for conversation about how theme-based ministry partnered with small group ministry supports growth and cultivates long term engagement for members. We will discuss Sticky Church, by Christian pastor Larry Osborne.
In Sticky Church, author and pastor Larry Osborne makes the case that closing the back door of your church is even more important than opening the front door wider. He offers a time-tested strategy for doing so: sermon-based small groups that dig deeper into the weekend message and tightly velcro members to the ministry. It's a strategy that enabled Osborne's congregation to grow from a handful of people to one of the larger churches in the nation---without any marketing or special programming. Sticky Church tells the inspiring story of North Coast Church's phenomenal growth and offers practical tips for launching your own sermon-based small group ministry.
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvJTvathqR1RdHlEYUZvck4xLV9ZZVVxTE50Wml6b2c&usp=sharing Website information will be sent out several days before the date.
On Being the Non-Anxious Leader: The Power of Emotional Intelligence
Thursday, May 16th
8 pm Eastern, 7 pm Central, 5 pm Pacific for 1.5 hours
The challenges that Membership Professionals face require that one react both with their head and with their heart. Emotional Intelligence is where the head and heart intersect and is an important tool in understanding your own emotions and the emotions of others, in being flexible to changing needs and situations, in calmly and thoughtfully responding to difficult members of the congregation, and in keeping an optimistic and positive outlook in all situations. Studies show that emotional intelligence is twice as important in contributing to excellence in leadership as pure intellect and expertise. This webinar will provide an introduction to emotional intelligence and the five skills required to be at your best as a leader in your congregation. You'll also have a chance to assess your own level of emotional intelligence. This webinar series is sponsored by the UU Association of Membership Professionals.
Mark Bernstein is the Growth Consultant for the Central East Regional Group of the Unitarian Universalist Association. He has been a member of the UU Church of Delaware County for 20 years where he has had ample opportunity to be challenged as a leader.
To register https://ohiomeadville.wufoo.com/forms/m7z3z7/
They Joined, They Love Us... Now What?
The mission of the UUAMP is to sustain and nurture the ministry of membership in Unitarian Universalist congregations and to support Unitarian Universalist Membership Professional staff by sharing ongoing lessons of growth, successful strategies and creative solutions.
The Vision of the UUAMP is to fulfill the sacred ministry of membership, growing Unitarian Universalism by welcoming the stranger, providing newcomers with education and resources, and by encouraging membership as expressed in community involvement, spiritual deepening and stewardship.
- Promote the growth of Unitarian Universalism through outreach, spiritual development, and service.
- Provide a platform to creatively share knowledge and systems related to all areas of membership development.
- Support and encourage the establishment of standards for Membership Professionals including job descriptions,
- professional development opportunities, salary guidelines, and a professional certification process.
- Ensure strong representation of Membership Professionals at the district and national levels.
On June 22, 2011 at the Membership Professionals Pre-GA day, many items were voted and approved, including bylaws, a mission statement, membership dues, code of ethics, a board of directors and committee members for Audit and Nominating. Thank you to all who were able to join us for this wonderful day.
We warmly welcome paid staff members of congregations and district staff to join us. The benefits of joining UUAMP are many, both to the membership professional and the congregation served.
- Fellowship and support from colleagues who share your professional vision.
- Opportunities for professional growth and renewal at an annual Pre-GA Professional Day.
- Help build a voice to promote and support the work of membership professionals.
- Mentoring for new membership professionals.
- Conversation with other membership professionals on our email list: Mem-Pros.
- Networking opportunities by email or phone to problem solve.
- Website full of practical and immediately usable resources and references.
- Educational opportunities: Webinars, best practices seminar, workshops at regional and large congregation conferences.
- Increase your value to your congregation by professional growth from sharing of fresh insights, new perspectives and best practices.
- Access to on-line membership directory.
- Networking of job descriptions.
- Organizational voting rights in issues affecting our profession.
Please print and mail in the Membership Application today!