The UUAMP Certification Program is….
- Pertains to the work you are doing.
- Ability to choose modules that meet your learning needs and goals. For certified status, you must complete a predetermined number of modules.
- Each unit is designed for completion in 10-15 hours.
- Efforts are being made to provide the majority of the learning module options at limited or no cost.
- Variety of formats and options.
- Available for part-timers and lead volunteers.
- In-person training opportunities will be coordinated with pre-GA Professional Day or in conjunction with regional events.
Benefits to the Professional
- Form and structure for one’s professional development
- Gain skills and understandings across areas of your work
- Nurtures confidence, competence, and creativity
- Opportunities for collegiality and networking
- Helps membership professionals understand their work as a ministry
Benefits to the Congregation
- Provides training and resources unavailable at congregational level
- Promotes professional excellence
- Fosters healthy staff relations and shared ministry
- Supports congregational growth
Benefits to the Profession
- Establishing standards and best practices elevates the position across the board
- Parity with religious educators and musicians
Benefits to Unitarian Universalism
- Membership professionals provide expertise that fosters growth as a movement
- Professional network shares broadly and generously with staff and lay leaders
The Certification Program is still being finalized and will be released by May of 2017. Check back here for registration information or contact Marie Luna at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.